Thursday, February 3, 2011

Introducing Alayne!




   My name is Alayne Hauser and I'm 25 years old.  I was born and raised in San Marcos, CA.  I attended K-6 at Richland Elementary School.  Junior high at San Marcos Middle School and for grades 9-12 I attended San Marcos High School.  After high school, I went to Palomar Community College for several years.  Through Palomar, I ended up doing a semester abroad in Salamanca, Spain in the Spring of 2007.  For the Fall of 2007, I moved up north to my sister's house in Grass Valley, CA.  In the Fall of 2008, I went to San Francisco State for a semester, but couldn't bare being away from my boyfriend.  I moved back to San Marcos and we ended up getting married and now we have an 18 month old daughter.

   I don't have too much technological experience.  I do have an iphone that I absolutely love!  I held off from getting one for a long time because I didn't want the responsibility of an expensive phone, but now that I have one I can't imagine being without it!  Besides that, I use my computer everyday for casual web surfing.  I was actually in the Telecommunications Academy program of my high school, but unfortunately, slacked off and didn't take too much away from it.  I'm looking forward to learning some new aspects of today's technology that I wasn't aware of.

 The College of Ed mission statement stands out to me because it truly does encompass all that a teacher should posess.  I am grateful that it incorporates a multicultural and accepting/inclusive aspect that teachers should always be striving for.  I also appreciate that it talks about "life long learning" and "on-going service" because public education is always changing and adapting to for it's students and the teachers need to do the same in order for education to thrive.

4 comments:

  1. Your little girl is so cute ! I read your letter, and like the fact that you take interest into life long learning. It is so important when we become teachers, that we present our student's with proper knowledge so that they will want to take it with them. They will be able to teach others as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Nice picture of your daughter. It was such a coincidence that you went to Spain, I hope you had a good time there as I am having here. I totally agree with you when you talk about lifelong learning. It is to only way that we as future teachers have to be ready for the 21st century.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Alayne

    Your daughter is so adorable. That picture is just too cute. Like you I waited long time to have an expensive phone. I just graduated two years ago a blackberry and even though the iphone is tempting. I am afraid of the monthly charges.
    It is really nice that you live and know the North County Community. That would certainly be helpful in obtaining a job in our community as a teacher.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Alayne,

    I think that with the attitude you have toward learning, you will do very well in acquiring new skills, and that you will make a great teacher with your mindset. I absolutely agree that being flexible is critical to being an effective educator because of the way the system is changing all the time and the way students' own prior knowledge about technology and other things before they come through one's classroom is constantly changing. Continuing to think of oneself as a student, even when teaching a room full of students, is paramount to a conducive learning and teaching environment for all.

    ReplyDelete